Our Daily Menu
The Cornish Vegan specialises in 100% vegan home-style comfort food. Nearly everything we serve is made in-house (including all our own condiments, such as butter, mayo and ketchup). What we don’t make ourselves, we procure from local artisan producers. Quality and freshness are very important to us, and we aim to please vegans and non-vegans alike with all of our dishes.
Lunch served from 11am. Last food orders at 2:30pm. Cakes and cream teas served all day 10am-3:30pm.
- ‘Chickin Biscuit’ (Our own American southern-style fried ‘chickin’ on a buttered scone) (£3.00)
- Soup of the day (Served with Baker Tom’s organic multi-seed bread and our own butter) (£6.00)
- The Cornish Vegan Buddha Bowl (GF) (includes a selection of our daily salad specials, along with garnishes and toasted seeds. Served with your choice of dressing: oil and vinegar, lemon tahini, OR honey mustard) (£8.50)
- Salad extras: Hummus (GF) (£2.00), Fried ‘chickin’ nuggets (£3.50)
- Vegan ‘Fish & Chips’ (GF) (Banana Blossom ‘fish’ fried in gluten-free cider batter. Served with hand-cut fries, home-made tartar sauce and sliced lemon) (£10.50). Add mushy peas (75p)
- Grilled Reuben Sandwich (our own seasoned seitan, served sliced on Baker Tom’s organic sourdough bread, with sauerkraut, Violife cheese, and our own special Russian dressing) (£7.50)
- Lentil, mushroom & walnut burger (served on a Baker Tom’s soft bap) (£7.50)
- “Naked” Burger (our burger served with all the condiments but without the bun) (£6.50)
- The Cornish Vegan ‘Chickin’ Sandwich or Wrap (seasoned wheat gluten patty, breaded and fried, served on a Baker Tom’s soft bap or white flour tortilla with lettuce, tomato and our homemade mayo) (£7.00)
- ‘Chickin’ Nuggets (our homemade spicy-seasoned wheat gluten nuggets, breaded and fried, served with your choice of sauces: BBQ, Buffalo Hot Sauce, Honey Mustard, Mayonnaise or Ketchup) (£4.00)
- ‘Fish’ Sandwich (our banana blossom fried ‘fish’ served on a Baker Tom’s soft bap with our homemade tartar sauce) (£7.00)
- Veggie Wrap (White flour tortilla filled with hummus, lettuce, tomato, house coleslaw, red onion, and toasted mixed seeds) (£6.00)
- Simple salad (GF) (Mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, kiwifruit, and toasted mixed seeds) (£4.25)
- Special salad (GF) (Add one of our daily salad specials to a simple salad) (£6.00)
- Hummus (GF) (£2.00)
- Mushy peas (GF) (75p)
- House slaw (GF) (£1.00)
- Fried potatoes (GF) (Hand-cut potatoes, served with our homemade ketchup or mayo) (£3.00 small; £4.00 large or take-out)
- BBQ (£1.00)
- Buffalo Hot Sauce (£1.00)
- Honey Mustard (made with maple syrup instead of honey) (£1.00)
- Mayonnaise (£1.00)
- Hummus (£2.00)
- Deli platter (Hummus, bread, cucumber and apple slices) (£4.50)
- Mug of soup (from our soup of the day selection) (£4.50)
- Peanut butter and/or jam sandwich (£3.50 for one filling; £4.00 for both fillings)
(*) Gluten-free bread is available on any of the above dishes for 50p extra.
- Assortment of baked and raw cakes made in-house (brownies and all raw cakes are also gluten-free and soya-free)
- Assortment of cakes from Little Green Vegan Bakery
- Assortment of raw energy balls (gluten-free, soya-free, sugar-free) from Cornwall’s Chocolate Cove
- Soya vanilla ice cream (GF)
Served daily Tuesday through Saturday 10am-3:30pm
Includes 2 scones, your choice of strawberry or raspberry jam, ‘clotted cream’, plus a pot of tea.
For one £6.00 ; for two £11.00
We are fully licensed and serve a selection of beers, ciders and wines, along with coffees, teas, juices, and soft drinks.
Please note that our menu will vary based on seasonality of ingredients and on customer demand. If there’s anything in particular you’d like to see us offer on the menu, please let us know by completing our feedback form.